Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

252. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 20, 2013, 22:54 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 21:26:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 04:48:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 16:34:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 13:40:
They're turning on them because the TP doesn't want to be beholden to big business like a lot of the Republicans are already. They want to follow the constitution and slim down government. The fact that people have issue with that really does blow my mind. You know rather than keep voting for two sides of the same coin and hope and change that is always more of the same?

"Beholden to big business" in this instance is "not destroying the U.S. economy". Big business likes when the tea party talks about deregulation and lower taxes, they don't like when they make credible threats against the economy... That's not good for business.

I think this administration has done a good job destroying the economy without help from the TP quite honestly. There's a reason all these internet groups among others are distancing themselves.

Obamacare for example, should have never been signed into law in the first place. It's unconstitutional for the US government to force any sort of service on it's people. That's exactly what Obamacare does.

Makes me wonder what Eric "I should be in jail" Holder has on the SC justices that they let this travesty of a bill get signed into law.
Nothing. It's a tax, plain and simple. They tried to avoid calling it that since it makes Republican knees all jerky, but that's what it was, and that's what the court pointed out, which is why it's not unconstitutional.

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 04:48:
Then you get into voter fraud and voter intimidation, another thing dems are experts in. Though I wonder if next election will bring out as many Black Panthers this time around.

And to think if we just forced people to show an id that proves they're a US citizen a lot of that could be avoided. But that would be racist too apparently. Rolleyes2
You're really gonna go there? I think you'll find the actual fraud/intimidation cases fall heavier on the Republican side, and are still negligible when it comes to actual elections anyway. Then we get to all the anti-voter laws that Republicans were passing specifically, and admittedly to reduce Democratic turnout. They couldn't even point to any actual cases of in-person voting fraud, because there are so few as to make them inconsequential. So really, take your bullshit on this subject somewhere else. I'm sick to death of Republicans talking about voter fraud. It's all complete bullshit.

Forcing people to buy healthcare or be fined is not a tax. Call it what it is, forcing a service on US citizens, which is a direct violation of the Constitution. Calling it a tax is just a loophole and one the SC should have had the balls to slap down.

Right, like that broad in Ohio who voted what, 5? 6 times for Obama? I don't see Conservative groups intimidating voters either like the Black Panthers and similar liberal groups.

Voting is important, making sure those votes are legal should also be important, illegal immigrants are always going to vote for democrats. The simple solution would be picture ID.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo