Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

53. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 19, 2013, 05:58 Raptor

Sorry, but holding down a button and watching the game play for you is not what it should be about.

And I understand that it has the Thief elements available, but so does Dishonored.

At the same time I think you're right that it will reflect a Thief game since you can do all of those things you should be able to do.

But my problem is mainly about the watered down gameplay design, attitude and generalisation of the game.
Are devs really so afraid to actually restrict the player from something?
It's Thief, but if you want you can still play it like CoD just as easily.
They design your experience to meet 100% satisfaction, every time.

I haven't played the new Splinter Cell so I can't compare how the contextual stuff works there, but I remember really enjoying the MP match in one of the old ones where you could run up against the wall and jump on the ceiling panels while the merc was trying to get ain aim on you. Sure it didn't work every time and you got killed, but when you got good, it looked great and smooth.
Skill determined the cool things you could do not the press of a button.
But I think the argument there is that you are the master thief, so you shouldn't die form a mistimed jump.

They spend too much time on all the "player aids" like focus or all the cool things like dropping something on the guard or cool takedowns (which for 95% of the players should be something to avoid anyways)
It just feels rotten from the core.

And we've yet to hear what good they have to say about QTE's as well.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo