Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

47. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 18, 2013, 08:56 MyRealName

If there are seriously people refusing to even give The Dark Mod a try simply because it's based around fan missions instead of an "official" story arc, I can only strongly assert that they're missing out.

The vast majority of the 1000+ Thief/Thief 2 missions released to date have little to nothing to do with the original story, and I don't mean stinkers -- I'm talking about the highest rated big missions and campaigns. That is in of course in part because fans who can produce such work invariably have creativity and will of their own and want to distinguish their work.

TDM now has something like 70+ maps. A good chunk of them are campaigns and series. It's got more than one story; it's got many! Just like T1/T2 FMs. But I guess if you're not into playing FMs then that's a problem of a different type (not knowing or accepting that a great many of them are better than original missions, and sometimes land the authors in game Dev jobs...)

Anyway. You're missing out!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo