Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

43. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 18, 2013, 03:20 Raptor

Jerykk just wrote the examples I wanted to give about the lack of jumping. We can add OFP/ARMA to that mix as well.

R6, GR, OFP etc are military games where jumping would be about as stupid as what these guys are doing to Thief 4.

The design principle of the Thief games has always been about freedom of movement. Heck the same dev managed to still have jumping for DxHR!

What I fear is that they are just taking the "everything has to constantly look cool and nobody has to get stuck anywhere" principle way too far.

Reaching places you're not supposed to reach is a part of the PC mentality if I may say so.
It's always about finding a way to do something which is unique to how others have done it.

This completely gues against modern game design.
If there was a minefield these guys would draw a big red line through it for the safe path and have a popup warning in case you wanted to stray off it - that's what it's about when they removed jumping.
It's just a part of the overall design they are aiming for and none of the people here are the target crowd.

(PS: Installed Dark Mod yesterday)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo