Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

61. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 18, 2013, 00:21 Dev

NKD wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 01:23:
Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 01:06:
Slinkycatz wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 21:15:
Every day hundreds are signing up... it has been a slow uptick of the # of people signing up every day. It is not just the USA but all over the world.

I just don't believe that 2000 people are signing up every day for $77 a piece, and keep on doing this so day after day after week after week after month after month. Not when no other Kickstarter has gotten even anywhere near those numbers of people. Yet Roberts keeps adding a million dollars basically every week?

I'm pretty sure this is just investor money that they're pretending is crowdsourced.

I'm a Star Citizen backer, but I share your suspicions. I'm sorry, but crowd sourced titles like this follow a pretty consistent pattern with how the money comes in. You don't keep up steady and consistent gains over a long period of time.

If I had to guess, I'd say a certain amount of investor money was gained early on, and he's pretending that its rolling in slowly to keep the game in the press. Admittedly a bit of a tinfoil hat theory, but something is definitely fishy here.
That's like not believing that overpriced apple products are successful. Its hit a critical mass that has a life of its own now.

What is the motivation to fake the money to roll in like this? If he's faking, he's just ending up having to add more and more promised features. He can get press even without doing that.

He would have been far better off just relying on the KS and the $10 mil in private funds, if it was fake. Then he wouldn't need to promise features, and he could sell out to the investors and abandon the project and let someone else finish it.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2013, 00:29.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo