Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

203. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 17, 2013, 16:52 Prez

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 11:49:
RollinThundr wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 09:17:
Verno wrote on Oct 17, 2013, 09:11:
Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 17:56:

While I admire the strength of conviction of these men, they are purely idealists, not great leaders. A leader understands he has to give something in order to get something; how to compromise and when to stand your ground and when to pack it in and live to fight another day. Uncompromising men are often easier to admire than compromising men, but it is the compromising ones that get things done for the general welfare of the people. They also know how to separate personal religious values from all-encompassing legislation that affects the whole nation. They do not try to legislate their personal moral code upon everyone as they understand that not everyone believes as they do but everyone still has the same right of pursuit of their own happiness.

Well said Prez. Look at what this latest fiasco has cost us. Who came out looking worse? Most polls say the GOP. What was achieved? Nothing. A lot of money and time wasted, not to mention political capital and public opinion.

Yeah it's a shame the liberal media won't actually blame Obama for anything. That's why the public perception is "congress' fault"
Obama's just as much at fault, he's proven he's a terrible leader and unwilling to work with the other guys, in the same breath blaming the other guys for not compromising. They're both guilty.
The Dems had already compromised to a CR to fund at below Ryan plan levels. Boehner already agreed to that, but went back on it after he couldn't get the TP to go along. The TP decided that if they can't get what they want, they'll try to force a default and wreck the economy. It's hostage-taking 101. You don't deal with hostage-takers. You keep the pressure on them until you find a way to put a bullet in them without killing the hostages or until they give up. The saner parts of the GOP managed to get enough control to give up for now.

I wouldn't want Boehner's position for the world. He is in a constant lose-lose situation - cater to the considerable extreme right wing of the party and get blamed for gridlock. Try to compromise and get viciously attacked by your own party for being a sell-out. All the while the opposition criticizes you whatever you do.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo