Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

318. Re: RE: 264. Examples May 21, 2003, 15:02 Xombie

You defend Half Life2 with the same gusto that you bag Doom3.
And you act surprised about it in every reply you make to me.

Give us a break!! It is going to be the first game of it's kind to use this level of lighting.
That doesn't mean that it's OK to leave in side effects of the lighting tecniques, though.

Maybe there is this level of sheen when there isn't much ambient light to upset the direct path of the ceiling light to the sweaty forehead of the player model, or the slimy skins or the monsters from hell.
I would say that's a possibility, if it weren't for the fact that the same "sheen" effect is apparent on the lab coats of slmost every scientist in the video.
I think we can both agree that white labcoats aren't made of reflective surfaces.

How can you even begin to comment on the gameplay unless you have even sat down and started playing the game??
I'm not the first one to say I expect Doom 3's gameplay to be simplistic. Hell, a lot of Doom fans have come out in these threads and said it themselves.

What grade of gameplay is HalfLife2 going to have??
From the level of environmental interaction that Valve has already proven in their demo, it looks like they're using a type of Systematic Level Design.

What grade of gameplay does any game have. After all, they are all only games.
That's the poorest excuse for lazy game design I've ever seen.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo