Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

112. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 15, 2013, 15:10 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 14:56:
I play MWO with a few guys from Canada, it has happened not only to them personally but to others they know as well. We are 17+ TRILLION in debt. Can you honestly see this thing going well? C'mon man think for a second.

Yeah I am totally going to buy some Ventrilo anecdotes as indicative of a system as a whole, one that I have personal experience with. The national debt wasn't arrived at by introducing the ACA and balancing the books and providing healthcare are not mutually exclusive. If you want something to pigtail then go look at defense spending and social security, they are far worse offenders and need to be addressed before we start worrying about the impact of the ACA on our national budget.

We're going to have less personal choices, pay more, and the freeloaders will still be freeloading. How the fuck is that a solution? Honestly, sugar coat it if you have to, but give me a legitimate reason this is going to be at all better.

Things I like about the ACA - the entire concept, standards for things like pricing dissemination and a potential ban on exclusion due to pre-existing conditions. Basic coverage for people who are already sick. It is really difficult to think of things I don't like about it, most of my complaints are going to be related to implementation but that's why we change and improve things.

Not paying for the so called "freeloaders" is more expensive in both tracking and administration costs, not to mention we pay for them in critical care regardless. It is better for a society as a whole to keep its citizens healthy and working. The fact that you lack that understanding or empathy on a basic level tells me that all of these words are wasted on you.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo