Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 15, 2013, 04:18 Scottso

Flatline wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 03:38:
Integrating FPS into a space sim game is mostly cosmetic?

Yes, when the engine they are using gives you that practically for free its mostly cosmetic. They pretty much only need to come up with the art assets and they get the FPS. I assume you have the hanger? How is that not an FPS? The only thing missing is "pew pew" because you don't happen to have a gun on your character model and you have nothing to shoot. So I personally don't see the FPS stuff being an issue at all. If you buy the buggy you even get an extra part of your hanger that has a little obstacle course to cruise around in. Because it was simple to add.

Here's an interesting thread on the engine:

A reminder of what the Cryengine can do for Star Citizen

Anyway, if folks have serious doubts and don't think its going to be good, then don't spend the money, yay. Obviously $22+ million disagree with that opinion and time will tell if it was justified or not. I think its good either way, personally. If this works out it shows how much crowdsourcing is the better model, and if it does not then it shows how much it's broken. I personally hope it totally works out because then companies like EA will be going away and the end users will be the ones to decide what is worth making and what is valuable.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo