Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 19:47 CJ_Parker

Scottso wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 19:16:
I don't think that's altogether fair considering Robert's past history with these sorts of games.

Oh yeah? The last game that Chris Roberts worked on was Freelancer and you might want to read up on the development history of that game. The short version is that Roberts got degraded to "consultant" because the project was a clusterfuck. It suffered delay after delay and in the end it was taken away from Roberts so it wouldn't end up as vaporware.
The Wing Commanders, while awesome games at their time, were also troubled by hefty delays and feature cuts because Roberts was always way too ambitious for his own good.

There is plenty of reason to be concerned about Star Citizen given the massive scope of the project. Chris Roberts is riding the razorblade between madness and genius. Outcome undetermined but wish him luck. He's gonna need it.

Also, I agree with the sentiment that this game is losing focus. Most of the core audience wanted a modern Wing Commander or XWing. Not a FPS.
And also not a game where you have to micro-manage shit to death like taking care of ship insurance, hangar fees, taxes and all that crap that is going to take away from the actual piloting.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo