Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

301. Re: RE: 264. Examples May 21, 2003, 01:10 Xombie

I will admit that my opinions are as biased as the next person's. The difference between me and someone like Xombie is that I like both games and am trying to see the positive side of both and not dwell on the negative of either
You've said several times though things like "Doom 3's animations will be better than HL2's". That's most certainly not an all-positive viewpoint. The all-positive viewpoints we see are the ones who come in and say "both these games look superkickass", and that's all. You do indeed have a bias, albeit a scattered one.

Both are going to have some bad points, but I am not going to go out of my way to identify them before I even play either game because that will ultimately ruin my gaming experience.
That's you, though. I appreciate a game more when I analyze it and argue about it. It helps to see the details that I usually wouldn't notice and be able to appreciate.

Most of his issues are so trivial that, upon reading, I often ask myself, "WHO REALLY GIVES A F**K ABOUT THAT??"
Obviously, I do.

He likes to be the harbinger of bad news, but he gets too much joy in telling us how much this news is going to hurt.
The truth sometimes hurts. And it's not like I've never been proven wrong before. Hell, I certainly got bitchslapped on what I posted in a thread last month as soon as I heard Gabe Newell mention that the lighting in HL2 was using Pixel Shaders.

Xombie won't even accept the argument that we won't know, for sure, the true extent of each games problems until we actually play through them
Only because that's not really an argument. I'm willing to be wrong about stuff. That's the best way to learn things.

refer DOOM3 thread where he harped on about the PCGamer [BIBLE] article from last year when given this argument
All of my comments on the Doom 3 article from PC Gamer are in reference only to what the developers were quoted as saying.
I'd be stupid to trust any of PC Gamer's preview opinions.

I will be hoping the upgrade will be good enough to play any game using the D3 engine. I hope HL3 is one of those games, unless Valve write a game engine that does the best parts of HL2 and D3 at the same time.
Much of what Valve was still working on in the Source engine was cut in September of last year (their own internal deadline for the large engine work) and held off for HL3.

My only consolation in knowing that HL2 will not look as good as DOOM3 is that I should be able to play the damned game without buying any new hardware.
Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news once again, but that system that was demoing HL2 at E3 was top-of-the-line. Radeon 9800 and an Intel 3 ghz. And from the looks of it, the framerate didn't seem phenomenal in some of the heavy action sequences.

Can you please make a list of all the DOOM3 issues you know of so far??
I'll try it tomorrow.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo