Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Oct 8, 2013, 16:29 dj LiTh

Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 16:19:
Axis wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 16:07:
Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 15:56:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 15:11:
Its a Hellgate: London clone

<runs and hides>

It's an FPS. HGL was not, it was just an action game with an FP view. From what I recall, it was autoaim - just push the button with something in the screen and it fired at it.

Borderlands requires some FPS skill. Maybe not as much as, say, Battlefield, but it requires some.

Beamer you argue about the stupidest shit and make yourself look terribly ignorant.

HGL is was always will be a First Person Shooter.

And Battlefield doesn't require keen FPS 'skill', Quake Live does.

Then that changed before release, because the original previews all mentioned that yes, it was an auto-aim game. In fact, go watch the debut trailers from E3 again - the game had a 3rd person mode. The player had a choice to play in FP or TP.

So, while this may have changed, the game was designed to be third person or first person and to be all auto-aimed. Here's the discussion on Blues from the announce. Notice people bitching about how Flagship was calling the ballistic weapons system like spell delivery and that it didn't need to be aimed.

Just because a game gives you the option for a third person camera doesnt mean that it cannot be a FPS. Also i played the game in beta and release, i never noticed anything autoaim about it. Or you could just listen to your own self.
Beamer wrote on Apr 26, 2005, 20:32:
As did I. I had no clue it was an FPS.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo