Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 6, 2013, 21:59 Fifth

I could've interpreted your post wrong, but my take from it was that you thought MS didn't have Kinect-based ads and that if they took data from the Kinect that nobody would have the time or resources to examine the data or be able to draw conclusions from it. The Target article was included to support the idea that there are companies that might, as you put it
Do you guys really think SC Johnson has a team of mixed physicians and data analysts that can read this? Do you guys really think your pulse even rises that much during a 30 second ad? Or, if you think content creators want this, do you honestly think Paramount has any strong data analysts on staff with the kind of phd needed to go through this? Do you think they actually care?

I haven't paid much attention to the full capabilities of the Kinect, but I don't find it hard to believe that it's intended to be a part of the live advertising since MS is making a pretty penny over it. I don't know if it would yield any useful information, but I think there's people in advertising who would study the biometric data of people viewing different ads and ad campaigns.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo