Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2013, 10:29 Mad Max RW

The new Shadow Warrior really is very good. Flying Wild Hog learned a lot from Hard Reset and it shows. Level design is detailed and beautiful as usual with a new emphasis on earning secrets. And the secrets are exactly the stuff you'd find in the original Build engine games. I love how it's packed with easter eggs like Godzilla stomping along behind some mountains and a chunk of the original game hidden behind a waterfall. Melee combat is surprisingly well done and so satisfying. They definitely didn't skimp on the gore. Movement is faster than I expected and less clunky. I like the new upgrade mechanic. It isn't just a redone version of Hard Reset, but they thought it out logically. My only gripe is there is no multiplayer or coop and doubtful they will ever add mod support.

I said Flying Wild Hog was a studio to keep an eye on after Hard Reset. They are in a position now to put Gearbox and id software to shame.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo