Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 16:19 PropheT

Verno wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 14:08:
So getting back on topic, what are these changes and enhancements from the original? I ask because I recall many saying it was heavily derivative, to the point where it even shares many of the same bugs.

I don't normally even bitch about DLC, but they released Riptide with the same character models and same skins as DI and then charged extra for new outfits to people who bought Riptide.

Riptide is probably the laziest sequel/followup/whateveritis that I've ever played and it's one of the few games I regret buying. It is exactly the same game as Dead Island with a new character on a different island, and I don't mean it just plays or looks the same...it actually -is- the same game. It's an expansion pack that's not marketed as one.

It's a continuation of the story from Dead Island, which is the only reason to play Riptide. Anyone dying to know what happens to the throwaway, unlikable characters from DI will probably be happy with it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo