Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

74. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 20:00 Parallax Abstraction

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 18:48:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 16:46:
Just dropping this here...

http://i.imgur.com/UbnwGnI.jpg

Heh.

For starters, I'll eat my hat (though I don't normally wear a hat...) if that's an actual Valve employee. Secondly, even if it is, they seriously can't get live streaming working in Steam? Then how come a bunch of games (including poorly optimised ones like The Showdown Effect) have it built in and it works with no severe performance drop? The Steam client is slow and bloated, always has been. That's not a Windows problem, that's a Valve problem. Others can get live streaming working in-game just fine so once again, if Valve can't do it in Steam, that's a Valve problem and not a Windows problem.

I frankly welcome SteamOS as I think Windows needs competition on this front but honestly, I think Steam on Windows would be a lot better if they put the same amount of effort into that client that they seem to be putting into this OS. That and the fact that the reason Gabe hates Windows 8 isn't because it's "closed" (it is as open as Windows 7 aside from the Microsoft Store which is 100% optional), it's because it's competition. It's only a closed off walled garden if it isn't HIS closed off walled garden.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo