Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

100. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 23:43 DangerDog

Kobalt wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 20:10:
If gaben seriously thinks any but the most hardcore will move to linux hes on some serious shit. If this is just something for hardcore pc gamers to have a sort of separate gaming pc in their living room, I see it doing as well as all the other attempts to control the living room from tech companies.

I'm more interested in the idea I see on non gaming sites that thinks valve sees the pc is dying which will eventually lead to a decline in pc gaming as more and more just buy tablets. If this turns out to be essentially a competitor to the mainstream consoles with set specs that developers can create games in mind for we might have something interesting. If this steambox can run ps4 and xbone pc ports for 500 or less I might even buy the thing

He's looking at the long game, many game companies are investing in linux and making their engines work on that OS. MS would have to completely kill off the desktop and by doing so would kill off the traditional PC with it.

They're pretty stupid at MS and anything is possible but only the truly weak minded content consuming idiots will be satisfied with nothing but a tablet and a walled garden to get content from.

What channel is "Ow my balls hurt" on again?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo