Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2013, 20:06 jdreyer

PropheT wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 14:40:
I don't know how she figured video game violence studies are conclusive or even that there's a consensus on it when the only source study she mentioned is the same stupid Bushman study that has holes in it that have been repeatedly pointed out for the last twelve years (read A&M's Chris Ferguson's breakdown of it, for example).

There's a big f'n difference between denying the research that's there and saying there's no established proof of a link.

Yeah, one of these things is not like the other.
- Global warming has been studied by 1000s of scientists, video game violence much, much less.
- Global warming is having demonstrable effects on the environment: rising sea levels, glacial and sea ice melt off, rising global temps, an increase in extreme weather events. Whereas during the increase in popularity of violent video games, violent crime rates have plummeted.
- Global warming is and will affect billions of people's lives, and could possibly result in millions of deaths through starvation and weather events. Assuming violent video games causes increased aggression, we've not seen that have an effect on billions or even millions of people.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo