Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2013, 19:48 dj LiTh

Quboid wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 15:45:
dj LiTh wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 15:36:
I have SLI'd 1gb 460's myself, right now only two things that make me wish i had a newer card is Skyrim and Shogun2/R2tw, but thats mostly because of the insane amount of graphics mods i like in my skyrim. In each case the SLI gpu's are fast enough, but the 1gb memory isnt nearly enough. Think i'll hold out for the generation after 700/titan and get atleast 4gb of vram (prolly 6gb) when i do upgrade. Oh and i'm on a 2500k o/c'd to 4.8ghz (can hit 5ghz on air no problem but 4.8 seems to be the sweet spot for my cpu/heat dissipation

If you have 2 cards with 1GB VRAM each, do you have a total of 1GB or 2GB? Does each card need a full copy of the texture data or can they get by with 50% each?

As PHJF said its not cumulative, so if you have two 1gb cards then you have a total of 1gb of vram. Its why on my next vid card purchase i'm going crazy on the vram as i think textures are going to be getting a lot bigger real quick in the coming years.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo