Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2013, 17:52 Cutter

Capella wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 13:29:
Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 11:15:
"Say not in grief, "He is no more.", but live in thankfulness that he was."
- Hebrew proverb

What a wonderful saying.

Yeah, one of my best friends died - coming up on 4 years this December - and at the time when it was all going on I was out on a bender. So one night in a regular haunt of mine I met a physicist and we got to talking about life, the universe and everything. And we both sort of agreed that - speaking in terms of physics - that his energy/atoms were already on their way to be recycled by the cosmos -as nothing is wasted. We both agreed it was a pretty decent arguement for reincarnation - after a fashion, and not the Hindu sense.

Anyway, he had a lot of interesting things to say about death, time, energy, et al. And finally, being raised Jewish himself, he told me that old adage and I found it helped immensely moving past the grief. I suppose the other old adage of "time heals all wounds" is very true as well, and for all of us and whatever losses we suffer it's nice that over time when we look back we can smile and laugh more about the good times than dwelling on the pain of our losses.

So let's raise a glass tonight to those departed and those still with us. L'chaim, my friends!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo