Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 15:17 Sacrifex

While I wasn't huge on the auction house, it was a necessary evil because of the awful (dare I say, non-existent) lobby system to congregate and trade items in, as well as the removal of the ability to choose a public game you want to choose from a list, ala D2 (I traded tons of items in games named "Tradezzz," back then.

Without a good communication system for trading, of which message boards are not one, the game has essentially become a single player game, with online DRM.

I'm fine with either option, a good AH or a good chat channel and game joining system, but with neither, what renewed interest I had in the title recently is dead. They'll have done the exact opposite of what they intended - killed the ability to exchange items with other players, and essentially made the game more of a solo Skinner Box than it ever could have been otherwise.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo