Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter Sep 15, 2013, 14:36 gilly775

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 04:27:
RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 16:23:
Another 4X game?

Endless Space, StarDrive, and Distant Worlds: Shadows released recently, and Horizon, Star Lords, Endless Legends are in development.

I love 4X games and having a lot of choices is fine with me, but I just don't know if there is enough demand for 4X to support that many titles. Backing one on Kickstarter would be out of the question for me.

Kickstarter is a great tool for bringing games to the market that don't currently exist and big publishers don't want to make, like Star Citizen, but not for another 4X game. That would be like Kickstarting a Call of Duty title.

None of the games you listed are *good* 4x games, (turn based) 4x games at all (Distant Worlds), or; out yet to judge them properly.

And when I look at the 4x space genre I get cringes and contortions. Make Total War Space based on (Legend of galactic Heroes) (with a working AI for a change). And that would be a great 4x game.

I just want to put that here... listen to this to understand why 4x genre is nearly dead. Despite dozens of offerings

https://www.idlethumbs.net/3ma/episodes/lost-in-space

20 Years of development, and all people do to this day are bad and uninspired MOO clones

I am just totally disillusioned with this genre by now.

I hate to tell you this but Distant Worlds is a 4X game. If it weren't, it wouldn't be labeled so on the publisher's page.

I know what you are trying to say here because of its pausible, real-time gameplay, but it meets everything in the "4X" definition.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo