Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2013, 07:40  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 21:51:
Maybe I haven't been following, but Blue, did you replace the GPU and had the same problems? All problems you mentioned seemed to point to corrupt GPU with artifacts, etc. Most likely from a previous over heat?

Problems are similar with a different GPU. As for other questions, I know the 3rd gen and 4th gen i5s are priced similarly, but the 3s apparently overclock better than the 4s. The point about wanting a stable system is quite valid though, so I'm not sure how commuted I am to the overclocking... I imagined it might make for interesting discussion here, but imagining further discussion of my computer not working right makes is a little nauseous. I indeed may settle on the idea of a 4th Gen i5 and air cooling. Still working it out, and it looks like that pcpartspicker site looks like a great help.

Also, a footnote about my Corvette: The car has 113k hard miles and 14 hard years on it. It serves as our second car, has as much value as a decent used Camry with less wear.

Finally, I see these rollover ads have returned and will get on the case. Please forgive me if no one is available to address this before tomorrow since it's Sunday.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo