Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

59. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 13, 2013, 03:45 Raptor

Quboid wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 20:52:
D4rkKnight wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 20:49:
To vote someone off you have to type their name in chat with a pound some or something stupid shit. Nobody knows how to do it or cares and there is no integrated gui elements that assist. It's very sloppy and I've been in the same situation - the guy was never kicked but luckily the map was so large I never ran into him.

This was a co-op mission with everyone spawning at the central airport. He camped outside, shooting down any helicopters that attempted to actually play the mission. No one could avoid him, no one could play the mission. Even if he was found and killed, he respawned and started over with zero penalty.

I agree that there should be more options for managing these things.
On the other hand - this is an easy addition for the mission maker.
For example I was in Stratis life yesterday for 3+ hours having tons of fun and I saw Battle-eye kicking folks off (also tons of "no steam ticket" or something like that messages and kicks)
And then the mission itself seemed to have an anti-cheat detection system which seemed to work rather well.
Plus then we had the admins of course who kicked people who didn't follow the rules.

Not that it should need that much effort - but at least the platform for everything is present and you're not restricted for options.

Longjocks, to me it feels that the AI in ARMA 3 has been improved quite a lot. In Alpha I ran quite a few scenarios of squad vs squad in the town to see how the AI would move & advance.
I was pleasantly surprised to see them actually use buildings.
I intentionally set the main path for the enemy to advance down a wide street (least safest route) - and after the first conflict and several casualities suffered the AI actually backed off and started looking for other safer routes to advance. (buildings, alleys etc)

To me that felt very realistic for an urban combat AI (actually, I don't know any non-scripted AI which I've ever seen done better)
Only issues I saw was that sometimes the AI took a bit too long to make the shot (nice change from hyper reaction times though, but a bit too long)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo