Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

55. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 19:04 Longjocks

Raptor wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 17:39:
Regarding the campaign though - the last decent one was the first OFP.
And maybe that was just because of the huge WOW factor of the game itself (at least for me), so the SP felt more special. But I still recall it as a bright light.
Mate, I share your opinion on this. My reasoning is a little different. OFP certainly had a wow factor of being unique, but what helped it as an SP game was that the majority of it (it's not perfect afterall) was built around the engine's strengths. For 1980s era combat over sparsely populated open ground it was a great platform.

Once modernised with the first ARMA, then adding larger, more dense towns with more buildings and things to navigate and interact with, the platform became mostly useless for SP. The campaign for that game was simply horrendous and seemed to have been whacked together in short time almost as an afterthought. These days the ARMA series platform seems to really struggle with AI and pathfinding, among other things, not being able to keep up.

Now, I'm primarily an SP player and I've only recently been taken in by some fun co-op in games. That said, maybe BIS would benifit making this an entirely MP platform? The AI has had bandaid after bandaid solutions applied and maybe focus should be made on fixes to issues which may more easily be addressed within the engine to make the MP even stronger. Of course I don't really mean that because I understand many want and like the SP element and there are still things you can do with it - I just sometimes ponder the thought.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo