Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

54. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 18:53 Raptor

Prez wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 17:47:
Regarding the campaign though - the last decent one was the first OFP.

I agree. Though it may just have been the novelty of it because there was honestly nothing else like it when OFP came about. Ghost Recon had better mechanics but OFP was way more open-ended.

Time to remake my old coop mission from Ofp to Arma 3 now, should be fun.

Did you ever upload it to a mod or maps site or did you just keep it for you and your friends? I played a ton of user-made maps for coop OFP with my son and friend back in the day.

Oh thanks for reminding me of Ghost Recon, I just shed a tear because everything after the first one was awful. And the first one I loved along with all the R6 games of course.

I entered that mission eventually to a competition, but I don't think it qualified or got spread anywhere.
It was always mostly for coop between good mates so it had quite a few inside jokes and random difficulty spikes (and bugs)
Who else had a boardable bus on their map which you could use to bypass an enemy outpost while risking the bus driver sometimes going off route in the most enemy filled area with often hilarious consequences.

In case of interest then I dropped it here.
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/450419/ALW-zip.html
I want to do this sort of a thing again for ARMA 3, but make it more "community" friendly and polished. Just need to get good enough again to properly use the scriping language or at least be able to borrow and modify scripts.
It's surprisingly easy for a non-coding person to learn (using the online resources), so that's a good thing at least.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo