Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 14:56 Dmitri_M

They're catering to their fanbase. Most longtime players never bothered with the campaigns at ArmA 1 or ArmA 2. ArmA 3 SP is the mission editor. As it was in ArmA 2 and 1..

They were likely shit anyhow. I don't know. I never touched them and I've had OFP and ArmA installed on every machine I've owned in the past 13 years. I feel pity for any gamer here that actually tried to play through a post 2005 BIS campaign. You guys are true soldiers.

Why they would choose to set it on a weird Greek island and then not include the campaign that would no doubt have given the Greek setting a point - that is truly beyond me. I can only imagine the terrible, terrible campaign they had planned. World War 3 is triggered by elicit trading in olives?

They should be choosing themes. Cold War. Jungle. China versus America. BIS are out of touch and incapable of producing anything with broad appeal. The only reason OFP's campaigns were decent was because Codemasters whipped the Czechs.

They're not capable of developing their own engine into an actual "game". I doubt any of them even play it.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2013, 15:11.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo