Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development Sep 10, 2013, 02:49 Dev

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:08:
Cool. Congrats Derek.

GalCiv 3?
I agree, congrats are in order. They went from the verge of bankruptcy to being healthy enough to expand significantly.
I'm going to guess this is from a few factors:
They dumped their own distribution platform off on Gamestop. They weren't really big enough compared to the others to keep running it at healthy profit.
They joined steam. Finally, I can get stardock games on steam. I've rebought nearly all that have come up in fact when they go on sale. They didn't join steam earlier because it was competing with impulse, but now that that's not a problem, they are getting many more sales.
They fixed up the elemental stuff from what I can tel.

And finally (this may be the biggest of all) start8 to return the start menu from windows 8. This is hugely popular. Hopefully they've leveraged that enough so that they won't crater after 8.1 comes out.

And yes, I would love to see a new galciv

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo