Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 9, 2013, 22:28 ViRGE

Jivaro wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:55:
Yeah, I am onboard for the Vita TV as well. I dig my Vita and have gotten a lot of use out of it. Anybody buy Dragons Crown btw? Curious what folks thought of it around here.
It's a great game. The level of repetition will bother some people (since it's hand drawn there's only 9 dungeons) but I've thoroughly enjoyed it all the same.

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 13:31:
I think they are removing the OLED screen to make it cheaper. Sony is really into getting people to adopt the Vita for use with the PS4, and one way they are doing it is by offering cheaper and cheaper Vitas.
It stands to reason that any LCD will be cheaper than the OLED screen they currently use, though by how much is anyone's guess. But given the battery life constraints I strongly suspect that the change is also about power savings. OLED's are great on dark colors, but ramping up the intensity of the subpixels really puts the squeeze on power consumption. For bright, colorful games (which given Sony's casual pivot will become more common), an LCD is going to draw less power than an OLED, potentially a lot less if the new Vita uses a TN panel (as opposed to IPS).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo