Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. Re: etc. Sep 9, 2013, 22:23 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 16:48:
Don't forget every npc has dialog as well, so the voice work is a good portion of that.
Not even sure why they need marketing, Both Sony and MS will push it as day 1 purchases for the new systems.

I considered voice acting just part of the development cost. But yeah, that's a pretty decent chunk of change. The reason Rockstar doesn't get "famous" voice actors is because they have so much dialogue that the cost would get stratospheric.

As for marketing, GTA5 will not be available for the 180 or PS4 (at least not yet), so I doubt MS and Sony will do much pushing.

WaltC, sorry, but you're just plain wrong. It's fine if you want to believe that it didn't cost that much, no shirt off my back, but R* already broke the 50+ million dollar development budget with GTA4, which looks to be tiny in comparison to GTA5.

I'm also with the guy who thinks a company would be beyond foolish to spend this kind of money on development of a single game..

Yeah, spending 250 million on a game only to get 20+ million sales off of it is just STUPID BUSINESS!

What?

Beamer wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 17:59:
GTA5 probably has a team of 250-400 people. Who have been working on this game for at least 4 years?

It's far more than that. According to this article, 80% of all of Rockstar at least did some work on the game.

" Grand Theft Auto V arrives after four years of development, a 1,000-page script, months of motion and voice capture, and a process that saw 80 per cent of the ever-growing company eight international studios and counting involved in recreating a fully functioning metropolis based closely on Los Angeles. "

And then something I'd already alluded to earlier, just the amount of time they spent in LA:

" "We spent a minimum of 100 days in Los Angeles on research trips, probably more," "

And that's a team of people that were there, not just two guys with a camera. The production/dev costs on this game are incredible. To be honest, I think the 265 million total sum might even be low.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2013, 22:28.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo