Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

72. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 23:11 Scottish Martial Arts

HAHAHAHAHA, acting like adults, hahahahahaha. Good one. Have you met many adults lately? I own a retail store. My 3 year old acts more civilized than 75% of my customers. I'm sure Batman can tell you just how adults act as well. I know a few LEOs, and they love humanity in all of it's colorful "adulthood."

As a matter of fact, I met at least two on Tuesday: the CEO and COO of my employer, the former of whom wanted to meet and check in with me after I had a major anxiety attack at work and had gone on leave of absence. Prior to that meeting I was not sure I wanted to return to my job, but they were both so kind, conscientious, appreciative of my contributions to the agency and my work with our clients, genuinely concerned for my well being, and sincere in their desire that I come back, preferably in a management capacity, that I walked out of our administrative office feeling validated, appreciated, and intent on returning. These two adults have their head on their shoulders, their priorities straight, and want nothing more than to serve the vulnerable population are agency works with and to look out for the employees of the agency. So yes, I've met some adults recently, and while an experience that positive is rare, basic adult civility is not.

And even if a lot of people are classless shitbags, that hardly gives public figures permission to be even bigger classless shitbags, which seems to be the jist of your argument.

As for Krahulik's charitable donations, that's great and all but I've always felt uneasy with PA's motivations for such things. Back when Child's Play started a decade ago, they made it pretty damn clear that they were doing it just to show the world that gamers aren't a bunch of murdering psychopaths, i.e. it wasn't for the kids, it was to improve the public image of the "culture" of which they were a part: any kindness was purely incidental.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo