Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 29, 2013, 12:58 Flatline

ItBurn wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 12:42:
Flatline wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 12:36:
News Flash! People like having fun in sandbox games instead of hauling around virtual friends to virtual social activities and sitting around waiting for them to be virtually satisfied every 20 minutes of gameplay.

"NIIIICO IZZZ YOUR COUZAIN! LEEEETS SEE SOME TITTIES!"

Rockstar announced earlier today that they intend to counter Saints Row 4 with a new, as-yet-unannounced combination of features including a realistic blackhead squeezing minigame and procedural generation techniques that allows your virtual girlfriend in GTA 5 to criticize everything about you down to your activities in the game, in real time, over a cell phone connection that accesses your actual phone via bluetooth to call you at the most inopportune times of the game to complain that you don't pay her enough attention and how you're sexually inadequate in the bedroom minigame.

"This is unprecedented levels of fun" announced Rockstar. "We've on average tripled the amount of crying and emasculation during a session of the game, without having to result to peripherals like electric shock trodes attached to sensitive areas of the body!"

They're two very different experiences and I like them equally. I absolutely loved GTA4. While SR4 is doing great, people prefer the GTA style. Contrary to what you're saying.

I know, but GTA has been marching steadfastly away from the "psychotic fun" sandbox genre for a while now. I mean, while it's cool that they put in television that you could watch (which managed to be kind of amusing at times even) the idea that you're playing a video game replicating the most mind-numbing of mundane existence and then they expect you to maintain a make-believe social circle... well... those were the low points of the game for me that bordered on tedium. Yeah I know I can ignore it, but the game obviously wants you to stop playing it every 20 minutes and go do something inane.

That's not to say I won't play GTA 5 at some point, because I totally will, but I really don't want to simulate the parts of real life I play video games to escape from to begin with.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo