Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2013, 11:52 Creston

Cutter wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 11:48:
I've always liked Affleck but yeah, there would literally be about a million better choices than him for Batman.

And I would so love to be a fly on the boardroom wall at MS. Was Ballmer forced out do you think? I think he was. Shareholders have been complaining long and loud for years to get rid of him, and the Failbox 180 seems like it was the final straw that broke the camel's back.

Question is, are they going to be stupid and keep trying to compete in hardware with Apple, Sony, et al. Or will they be smart and go back to their core competencies?

I think if the shareholders had the power to oust him, they would have done so long ago. Don't forget that Ballmer holds billions of shares of MS, along with Gates, so the rest probably couldn never get a large enough coalition together to oust him.

I think a good, smart CEO will get MS to focus on where their bread and butter is, and will just kill off all these bullshit products. If they focus on Windows (and not the mongreloid hybrid Windows 8, but a genuine Enterprise Windows), Office, Azure and then probably the Failbox 180, their profit margins would become utterly obscene, and I can see them rising back to the absolute top.

If instead they get a CEO who continues on this failboat path of "let's just buy some random shit and try to shoehorn our incompetent ass into markets that we have no business being in", they will continue to slide into eventual irrelevance.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo