Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in February 2014 Aug 22, 2013, 14:59 Cyanotetyphas

Jivaro wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 04:15:
Imo, it's good for some mindless fun but it is underwhelming overall. Particularly in the story/writing department.

I disagree, I think the religious Crusade Dark Age element was a great update to the boiler plate Dracula is magic endless resurrection crap that was going on in the 2D games. SoTN is an amazing game but it really has no story to speak of.

In Lord of Shadows, I liked the Tolkeinesque idea of the changing of Eras. Before there had been a society that made the Colossi, and maybe before that was the age of magic that Pan was from. The current Era was the Crusaders trying to fight the plague (in this case monsters, not disease). The game ends in a different era entirely (Modern).

The end game boss is the culmination of the fears of the current era, but in getting there you journey through all the wreckage of days past.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo