Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

58. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 22, 2013, 03:44 OpticNerve

I think ESO is going to have an uphill battle and might go the way of SWtOR. *If* it was essentially Skyrim but with hundreds of other players, I could see the game doing very well with a subscription system, but with that one leaked gameplay video... I really doubt the subscription plan will last for long.

It just looked so damned ugly, boring and average. If it didn't have some of the lore elements of the Elder Scrolls as well as some of the more iconic armor, I wouldn't have known it was an Elder Scrolls game at all. Even the visual style seemed different from the traditional semi-realistic Elder Scrolls style. It just looked so cartoony. Like SWtOR.

And after seeing some Everquest Next videos? Yeeeah, good luck ESO.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo