Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

55. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 22, 2013, 01:00 JeffD

Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 18:41:

Correct. And if you play WoW versus GW2 then surely you understand why WoW is a much more robust experience. The combat, the class diversity, the content, ***THE PVP*** is all vastly superior to GW2.

Your opinion. A lot of us playing GW2 beg to differ. I have 8 years of EQ under my belt and 7 years of WoW. I grew tired of WoWs gameplay and lack of difficulty in all but heroic raiding. Leveling is such an absolute bore fest and if you aren't raiding, you have to grind dailys. GW2's more dynamic leveling structure and consistent difficulty while offering a more fast paced and reactive gameplay are a breath of fresh air.

WoW Thrives if you want to call it that, but it is only getting smaller. It will have to bleed a lot for it to actually consider changing its pay structure, mean while people like me are leaving in droves and would only consider a non subscription based MMO in the future.

Everquest and WoW were able to demand subscriptions because when they both came out, there was nothing like them. 6 years after WoWs release it has seen the release of many other big ticket MMOs with subscriptions that have failed, but no one could honestly say that any one of them were really up to it. They pretty much all copied WoW, very little innovated on new stuff, and most of them lacked end game content out the door. GW2 changed all this by offering a true MMO experience on a non subscription base showing that it can be done, and striving to offer up a different game then WoW.

In the end how ever, I left WoW because I was tired of the end game (heroic 25 man to the end), had to spend so many hours on a tight scheduled (not easy to do when you actually have a job and a life), and was tired of spending 174$ a year on it. GW2 gives me the same experience.. I don't need to invest tons of time, and I can leave and come back to it when ever I want. They are constantly adding new stuff to it. It is a win situation all around.

So why would I go back to subscription based again?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo