Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

67. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 17:38 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 17:33:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 17:10:
If your build is not good enough or if you don't like it, you can start a new character, of the same class, and play it differently.

Most people don't want to do that, nor do they have time to do that. If that's how D3 was, I (and just about everyone else I know) would not have played it beyond Normal difficulty (just as I didn't with D2). Instead I have all 5 classes at lvl 60 with varying levels of Paragon on each of them.

Hitting a wall in an ARPG where the build you have chosen ceases to be viable, sucks ass. Starting over with a new build that may run into the same problem 30 hours in, is not fun. If you enjoy that, there are several other ARPG options out there for you.

The irony is, you contradict yourself. You say don't want to use "one of X combos that work", but that's exactly what you are saying you want by preferring to use a locked skill tree that you cannot change, therefore you need to know exactly what "combos" you are going to be using up-front for the entire time you play that character.

The D3 method, I can play the same character from lvl 1 to 60 using a huge variety of skills, swap them around, change the Runes and experiment with different combos and I never need to look it up on a website to tell me if I'm wasting my time or not. I try it, and change it as needed.

What? I never said that I wanted a locked skill tree that I can't change... I was talking about the Hellgate London skill trees. There are three main "pages" of skills. You can mix and match and stuff, but you know that if you follow a tree, it's going to be worth it. You can go down several. You can also respec, and if you put points in skill that are now osbsolete, there are still very useful synergies that affect the other skills and make everything worth it. Also, I'm not saying that using the same skills all the time is a bad thing. It's a great thing if I chose them. It is only a bad thing if I didn't choose them and I'm using them because they're the ones that work.

I think that most people prefer putting points in skills.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo