Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

62. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 17:10 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 16:59:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 16:41:
I'm still forced to use the best skills instead of the skills I actually like.

Which is completely false and has always been.

Every class has multiple viable builds.
One look here http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/ proves this, as even the highest percentage is Barbarians (Whirlwind build) sitting at only 6%. Other classes have a lot more variety with builds than the Barbarians and that has more to do with the Barbarians other build options being not very fun to play.

It's too bad people are unimaginative and just use what everyone else tells them "is the best build" or people like you just spouting that there is only 1 good build without actually knowing what they are talking about. There are many YouTube vids out there with very experienced players showing off different builds. And if you actually play with other people, you can change your build(s) around to work very well together, even though they aren't considered the best 'solo' builds. But that requires some people to remove their head from their ass, which is often too much to ask.

I much prefer the D3 skill system over say T2 or PoE, which you pretty much have to know from the start what you are doing. D3 I've changed my skills around often as I levelled up, and still do at level 60 with all classes. I haven't played in awhile, but despite the games other shortcomings, the gameplay kicks the shit out of every other ARPG out there.

Wow you put a shitload of words in my mouth.

I want to use the skills that I want. I don't want to use one of X combos that work. I want to upgrade the skills I want, I want them to become better. I want my decisions to pay off because of good balancing. I hate the D3 system with no skill points. There are many strategies to improve the feeling of "wasting points". Respecking, synergies, having skills trees that are guaranteed to work. If your build is not good enough or if you don't like it, you can start a new character, of the same class, and play it differently. Awesome replayability. In D3, you have a wizard? No reason to play another one.

Edit: also, about your website, these aren't many different builds... It's basically the same build with one skill changed for another.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo