Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 14:10 Verno

I don't know how they fucked up the story so bad in Diablo 3, you don't really need much of a story to do an ARPG. It helps if you do it well but overall just don't do too much and that's exactly what they did wrong. Control is taken away numerous times for pointless cutscenes filled with Saturday morning cartoon villain exposition that is mind numbing. You can skip them but the constant stoppages of play are bizarre and the worst part is that the story itself just doesn't need or warrant them. Chris Metzen should just do the less is more approach to story telling because its worse than fantasy B novels otherwise.

I remember at one point there is literally a cutscene for your character turning a lever. The Emperor shit in Act 2 was absolutely laughable as well. The Act 3 guy whose name escapes me is supposed to be the best general they have and his master plan is showing up to the player in visions and revealing their strategy. Just ugh stuff.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo