Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: The right move! Aug 21, 2013, 13:44 maximus0402

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 12:47:
The only people coming out ahead in FTP games are casuals who play for free, aka freeloaders. Average or hardcore players who don't want to be restricted on content end up paying more than a normal monthly fee every month on average, to make up the difference. Sure, FTP is great...if you're a casual noob who just wants to check the game out, play occasionally, etc. However, the players that actually keep the game afloat are getting screwed. I predict the FTP trend actually reverses itself in the next decade as more and more people catch on to this fad.

If Elder Scrolls Online was NOT subscription based, I would have skipped it. Since it IS subscription based, I'm looking forward to it. After all, if your game isn't worth subscribing to, it would be FTP. If it's "FTP" but has a subscription option, it's not a FTP game, people need to start being honest with themselves.

If you think there is actually going to be obvious and fundamental differences between the subscription based version of this game and what is most likely to become the FTP version of this game then you are just fooling yourself and gullible to their marketing ploy making it sound like it really is different. You are the one that is screwing yourself really and falling victim. By the way I was you a couple years ago paying for subscriptions. But I am not throwing re-occuring money away on these again. These MMOs no matter how they market themselves are very much all the same. Even GW2 marketed how much different they were and put the fun in the game and takes away the grind, but that was wrong as well. While some improvements, Even GW2 gets into the grind game as well. Difference is, I can take my time knowing I am not paying monthly for it.

You can throw your money away up front if you want. I will wait until it is non subscription based. Since "casual" gamers are the majority, there is no way they will sustaintain this subscription model.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo