Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. The right move! Aug 21, 2013, 12:47 JohnBirshire

The only people coming out ahead in FTP games are casuals who play for free, aka freeloaders. Average or hardcore players who don't want to be restricted on content end up paying more than a normal monthly fee every month on average, to make up the difference. Sure, FTP is great...if you're a casual noob who just wants to check the game out, play occasionally, etc. However, the players that actually keep the game afloat are getting screwed. I predict the FTP trend actually reverses itself in the next decade as more and more people catch on to this fad.

If Elder Scrolls Online was NOT subscription based, I would have skipped it. Since it IS subscription based, I'm looking forward to it. After all, if your game isn't worth subscribing to, it would be FTP. If it's "FTP" but has a subscription option, it's not a FTP game, people need to start being honest with themselves.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo