Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Out of experience I think they made a bad move. Aug 21, 2013, 12:37 Comet

I can see how they can turn this around any time they want but this will hurt them and can lead to failure. I know that they can start with the subscription model and later on move to free to play. But in this market, this will hurt their sales.
In Guild Wars 2 I know at any time I can go back to the game. If I feel like playing it for a bit more I end up buying this or that in-game item. With subscriptions once I decide to cancel it, there is little to no chance that I'll return to the game.
Besides, If you're going to buy a MMO, it's not like you'll just check it out and quit. But if you have a subscription and after a couple of months or so of playing you want to rest for a bit, you may decide to cancel. That is not unusual.
Bottom line. F2P increases your community size and makes the old gamers return to check what's new. Subscriptions require that you can convince new players to join over the years. And that is harder, because as a game gets older, so does the appeal to new gamers.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo