Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 11:26 HorrorScope

Orogogus wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 11:03:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 10:49:
Kajetan wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 10:09:
wtf_man wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 09:53:
While this is a move in the right direction... it should be 24 hours after first launch of the game
"within 24 hours of first launch or within a week of your purchase, whichever comes first"

Whatever that means, read that and figured a typo. That makes no sense, but this does make sense: Return within a week of first launch or within 24 after purchase after that.

Unless I'm missing something. Because if the game launched today I'll take the week to think about return vs the 23 hours.

Yours makes less sense. I literally can't tell what you mean by "within 24 after purchase after that."

I think launch refers to you starting the game, not like a new product launch. Their policy seems to be, you buy the game. Then either 1) you install and launch it right away, 24 hours time's up, or 2) you sit on it and don't install it, and 7 days later time's up. In the latter case I assume the idea is that you see a bunch of bad reviews and decide it's a lemon, or else come down with buyer's
remorse.

Let me clarify.

Game comes out today. 8/20.

You have until 8/27, one week to get a refund.

After that, say you buy it on 8/28, you now just have 24 hours for a refund. Since reviews/word of mouth is out there, it would be for compatibility reasons or for some reason it just doesn't click for you.

That to me makes some sense.

How it reads currently:
"within 24 hours of first launch or within a week of your purchase, whichever comes first"

That is one messed up statement.

24 Hours of first launch will always come first. ALWAYS.

You buy it today 8/20. What comes first 8/21 or 8/27? 8/21
You buy it 8/28 what comes first 8/21 or 9/4? 8/21

The whichever comes first is really poor writing. That can't be the case.

Now leave that out. Then it reads:

You buy it today 8/20 and only have til 8/21, 24 hours after first launch.
While if someone buys it a month from now has a full week for a refund?

Why does that make sense? It makes sense you have a week from first launch and after that you have one day. That makes sense.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo