Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

40. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 20, 2013, 10:29 HorrorScope

Ladron3dfx wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 06:36:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 20:49:
So what happens to the games that require GFWL?

They become broken and worthless. All 73 games that require GFWL plus DLC. All of it goes to hell.

I will not install/use any pirate tool to make them function and replacing the DRM with Steamworks is out of the question.

That seems to me to be the correct answer. There are several Single Player games that on install require GFWL setup. With it out of the equation, those installs will now fail, unless patched. This does f'up a number of games. Now chances are I wasn't planning on going back, but I know how this bunches panties in gameland.

Also to the MS buy Steam, hellz no! The person who wrote that should be banned!!! LOL

Also to another conversation, is the hate around Origin/Uplay etc just because it's another game launcher where as you only want one? I can see you wanting a single point, but I think the venom towards other services is well overboard then. They have a right to compete to. I figured the hate was because many had some type of technical issue with it. I have pretty much all, they all seem to work straight forward and well enough. I don't sweat it as I can fathom that maintaining multiple launchers is considered work these days.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo