Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

51. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 20, 2013, 01:20 Creston

No, you're not wrong. You pilot the Albion and drones, and that's it. You get to upgrade the Albion to an absurd degree, apparently (Ego is talking about it getting around fifty times more powerful between start and finish), but while you can own other ships and bring them with you, you can't actually physically fly them.

I assume they did it for sake of their story or something. (Or, if I wanted to be cynical, they did it in response to pilot complaining about no cockpit view in X3 and on. Now they give you a beautifully detailed cockpit, but only that one ship to fly...)

I can see why people would find it very disappointing. The ability to fly basically anything with an engine was always a major selling point of the X series. I'm not that terribly bothered by it myself, because I always wound up in an M6 anyway (best combo between firepower and usability), and really only ever piloted an M2 or M1 if I was attacking a sector for shits and giggles.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo