Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2013, 17:10 jdreyer

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 16:46:

Right, it's not like anybody born after 1970 doesn't know smoking is bad for their health. And yet, we have millions of smokers under 40. I knew it was bad for me when I smoked. I started at 17, like a dumbass, and I had been bombarded with messages from the TV to school to books that smoking was bad. You cannot legislate free will.

Personally, I don't think we should do anymore than we already do to educate people about healthy eating. You get a good dose of that in school and on early education programs. We just need to make people who are too lazy to do anything about it pay more in medical costs.

And yet, smoking is the perfect example of how education + price controls reduced usage. Twice as many people (per capita) smoked in 1970 than today. Smoking is at it's lowest usage than at any time since smoking became popular.

And we actually don't get enough education on it. More education directly correlates with a healthier BMI.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo