Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: X Rebirth Preorders Aug 19, 2013, 12:53 Creston

Drayth wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 12:11:
I was a little dissapointed to follow a freighter through a jump gate and not see it on the other side, so some things are being spawned on the fly... at least they stay persistant within the sector. Kinda neat to see the Pheonix roaming around that first sector you start in.

No, they don't spawn on the fly. But the second a frigate jumps out of your sector, it gets handed off to OOS (Out of Sector) controls, at which point if you don't have anything to see the "fog of war" on the other side of the gate, it simply stays in that sector for a designated amount of time, and then heads off into the next sector. The game does that to save itself computational time.

If you put a sattelite grid in every sector so that you can see all the gates, the ship would simply pop up on the other side and continue its journey. Doing this to every sector noticeably slows the game down because then it has to keep accurate tracking of every ship in the universe.

Edit: Didn't see you were talking about the very first X game. I don't know how it works in X and XBTF, to be honest. From X2 and on, it works the way I describe above.

Btw, if you want to catch up on the story, it's perfectly fine to start with X3. Not a whole lot happens storywise in X, XBTF and X2, to be honest.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo