Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 03:02 jdreyer

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 12:56:
A spy agency spying? OMG what were they thinking!?! Seriously, grow a pair, man up, figure out your living in the real world and not some fantasy based on a peice of paper created 200+ years ago

Whether or not you agree with that "peice (sic) of paper created 200+ years ago" is irrelevant. It is the highest law in our country and there is an expectation that it will be followed. I'm dismayed and depressed that as someone who served, and someone who took the oath, "I, DJ, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;" would then take a shit on said document.

Ben Franklin once said, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." This is true today as it was more than 200 years ago when it was first uttered. Security and liberty need to be in balance, and with the government indiscriminately hoovering up everyone's personal communication to be "accidentally" searched 3000 times a year, it is not.

We've already seen serious abuses of this data resulting in the NSA supplying the DEA with info and then telling them to cover up the source. And this is just the stuff we know about. And it was all being done in secret where we couldn't have a discussion about the proper amount of surveillance vs. privacy, until Snowden blew the whistle. It was an extremely brave thing to do, and he ruined his life to do so. I'm glad he did.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2013, 03:11.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo