Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

42. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 17, 2013, 20:05 OpticNerve

Axis wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 19:05:
Sure there's people who play, pockets of people who love it enough to keep it going is all there is.

So let me get this straight, you think Guild Wars 2 has a bustling community, servers filled or even somewhat populated on a daily basis? Am I getting this right?

I guess my only facts are the EMPTY SERVER ZONES and DEAD FORUMS. But facts... not even arenanet will tell you their embarrassing news (cause if it was good, you'd hear about it).

And please point me out to any self-indulgent ego stoking boasts, while I tend to stay away from those, they do sneak in once in awhile. I just don't see any that could be defined as such recently.

And the Wii U, well that book isn't quite written. But if it ends up failing, I'll be glad to admit it. Unlike you and your unwavering fanboi love for GW2.

I don't really know how to explain how some few "empty server zones" does not equate to people not playing GW2. I can understand that would be the case if it was for EVERY zone, but it isn't. Every and any MMO will have zones that have less people once content for that area is finished or cleared out (even WoW). But I have yet to see a zone on my server that's completely empty and doesn't have at least some people roaming around or map chatting. It is hardly a Ghost Town.

There's still a lot of people playing on my server or the servers I Guest to once in a while. They're either running the various dungeons, doing WvW (which is annoyingly filled to capacity in peak times on my server), sPvP, doing Dailies, doing Monthlies, rotating through World Bosses, running Guild Missions (if they're in a big guild), going to various areas to farm Champions (due to them now possibly dropping unique weapon skins), getting 100% world completion, farming for Karma or doing the various Living Story stuff. Or in most cases, just hanging out at Lion's Arch.

I don't pay attention to gw2guru so maybe it IS dead in that site's forums but the official forums seem busy enough. Particularly the Living Story section which I would think contains most of the active people due to the nature of the constant Living Story updates.

I'm hardly an unwavering fanboi of GW2. I really do enjoy it and it was a great purchase for me given how much I play it, but it's hardly a perfect MMO. It wasn't as revolutionary as Anet kept hyping up and was merely evolutionary. It's personal story was a complete joke with wasted potential, the dialog scenes are boring (compared to the traditional cutscenes in The Secret World), Anet's slow to add in features that they initially said they would (Guesting took forever to implement and there is yet a peep about Guild Halls), it's only lately that Anet's found a way for players to spread out more and stop hanging out in the same areas through dailies, monthlies, champion-specific weapon skins, world boss loot and Living Story areas, and GW2 succumbs to the annoying nerf/buff hammer that MMOs always have to deal with that pisses off players.

The game isn't for everyone (I didn't begrudge anyone for hating the game in other GW2 threads on here) but saying that it's a "Ghost Town" is just false,a flat out lie and I have to speak out when it's abundant to a regular player that it isn't.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2013, 04:05.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo