Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial This Month; Sales Record Claimed Aug 16, 2013, 23:45 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 21:56:
Squirmer wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 19:40:
Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 11:24:
Yeah, and most everyone of those sales translated into 3-6 months of gameplay I suspect and very little else. They're just way too slow getting new content into this game. Any MMO not coming with something like the Foundry now is just stupid. Have to keep that content coming all the time regularly.
You know they release new content updates every two weeks? Granted, there's a smallish amount of content in each update, but it's still a remarkable pace. It suits their business model too, because they need people to keep logging in regularly since they don't have subscription fees to lock people in.

New quests with existing, or minimal new content, isn't new. New lands, quests, et al. to explore and do for the first time? That's new. I love what they did with GW2 - albeit the combat was too oversimplified and lack of a trinity is boring - but you go through it all once, maybe twice, and what else is there to hold you there unless it's some social guild thing?

I've been trying to get through most of the jumping puzzles, get 100% world completion, and keep up with the new content. I also have only done 3 dungeons, so I have to do those too.

Keep in mind that while I love MMOs, I don't devour the content as fast as people who only play MMOs. I am also playing a lot of the new games as they release, and I still play the shit out of BF3. So to me, it almost seems like the content comes too fast at times.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo